2019 IRMA Conference, Charlotte, North Carolina
October 25-29, 2019
Departure day is October 29th. Awards Reception and Dinner Monday, October 28th.
Please note that the Early Bird Deadline for Registration is Tuesday, September 24, 2019.
No refunds will be available after this date.
- Thursday, October 24th – Board of Directors and Presidents Council to arrive in time for dinner.
- Friday, October 25th – Welcome Reception
- Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, October 26th to 28th – IRMAcon2019 Education
- Sunday, October 27th – a free afternoon to explore Charlotte and the surrounding area
- Monday, October 28th – Awards Dinner
- Tuesday, October 29th – Departure day
- Register for the Conference:
Key Websites and Contact Info
The Fairfield Inn Room Reservations LINK at IRMA GROUP RATES – Fairfield Inn and Suites Charlotte Uptown
Conference Planner: Dianne Davis, email@example.com or 918.636.4061
Onsite Coordinator: Tiffany Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org or 918.720.2704
IRMA Executive Director: Tara Flint, email@example.com, 416-705-6884
Follow IRMA on your chosen social media platform:
The Public Facebook group is for all who are interested in IRMA and will be the location of our second annual #IRMACon Photo Contest. Sign up and play along in Denver!
The Closed Facebook group is for members and sponsors to share confidential information. Feel free to ask questions of your peers and share your success stories.
Instagram is also a place to join in on the Charlotte Conference Photo Contest = irmamagazines
And twitter too = @regionalmags
Charlotte is a major city and commercial hub with a metro population of 2,474,314. It is home to a diverse population, hip and funky neighborhoods, fine dining, craft beer, music, museums, and so much more. You may want to extend your stay!
- NASCAR Hall of Fame – Interactive exhibits and films on the sport of racing
- S. National Whitewater Center – Whitewater paddling, zip lines, bouldering, restaurants, and more
- Levine Museum of the New South – Post–Civil War history in the South
- Carolinas Aviation Museum – Military, commercial, and civilian aircraft exhibits
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – gardens, fountains, tropical plant conservatory, orchids
- Discovery Place – Hands-on science museum
- Billy Graham Library – 40,000 sq. ft. dedicated to the Charlotte native
- Mint Museum Uptown – Important works of art from around the world
The Host Hotel
IRMA GROUP RATES – Fairfield Inn and Suites Charlotte Uptown
- Standard Queen, Double-Bedded Room Rate $139.00
- Standard King, Single-Bedded Room Rate $139.00
- Overnight self-parking $10.00
Note: The last day to book your hotel at these rates is October 1, 2019
Other Guest Room Details:
Rates– are in US Dollars and are plus applicable tax, currently 14.75%.
Special Rate Cut-Off Date– in order to qualify for the IRMACON2019 discounted rate, reservations must be made by October 1, 2019. After this date our discounted rate is subject to availability.
Guest Room Size– approximately 400 sq. ft.
Guest Room Amenities Include– complimentary Internet, air conditioning, living/sitting area, marble bathroom, double vanities, lighted make up mirror, hair dryer, robe, chair, desk, in-room safe, iron and ironing board, coffee/tea maker, television with premium movie channels.
Pre/Post Stays– The Fairfield Inn will extend the above group rates, three days before and three days after the contracted conference dates of Tuesday, October 22, 2019 to Tuesday, October 30, 2019, subject to guestroom availability.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellation requests must be received at least 24 hours prior to stay to avoid a fee equal to one night’s room and tax. This fee, if applicable, will be directed to the form of payment that was used to guarantee the reservation.
Smoking Policy: All guest rooms and suites at The Brown Palace are non-smoking. A $250 cleaning fee will be applied for any evidence of smoking in guest rooms upon departure.
Hotel Parking: Valet parking = $40.00 per night.
Please fly into Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT). CLT has non-stop flights from 136 cities in the US, plus Toronto and Montreal. CLT is the 10th busiest airport in the United States.
- Rental Cars – All major rental car companies (except Thrifty) are located in the Rental Car Facility at the terminal.
- Taxi – The hotel is about 8 miles ($25 fare) from the airport.
- Ride Share – Uber and Lyft are available.
Weather and Clothing
Wear comfortable clothing. In Charlotte, you’ll feel equally at home in jeans or business casual. Our awards dinner is the only event where folks have traditionally dressed up, but we won’t kick you out if you wear jeans! 70 degree days and 51 degree nights are average for Charlotte in late October, but you should check the weather before you travel.
Magazine members are encouraged to bring a maximum of 15 copies of their latest issue only to the conference in their luggage, to share with other members.
Please do not ship any magazines directly to the hotel or to the IRMA office. Sending directly to the hotel will result in handling charges being charged to your guest room. Magazines will be displayed throughout the conference. Any copies leftover after the conference will be donated or recycled.