2022 IRMA Awards Information and Call for Entries
The 43rd Annual IRMA Awards call for entries is now open!
IRMA is searching for the best in regional magazine journalism, photography, illustration and design that you published between January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022. We will present Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention awards in Writing, Design, and Combined (both Writing and Design) at IRMACon2023.
Submit your entries through January 31, 2023 to be eligible for the awards, which will be handed out at IRMACon 2023 in Portland, Oregon.
General rules and eligibility:
– Must be an active member in good standing with 2023 dues paid.
– Deadline for entries is January 31, 2023.
– Content published between January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 are eligible.
– See the 2023 Awards Entry document for specific category rules and guidelines for judging.
– Magazines will be allowed to enter multiple entries per category, but may only win in that category with one piece.
How to enter:
– Download the 2023 Awards Entry Information PDF linked below (right click and save as or click and download).
– All categories are listed along with specific entry or eligibility guidelines as applicable.
– Some categories are split by circulation, please ensure you enter the correct category.
– Do not mail entries. All entries must be uploaded to Podio and fees paid by January 31, 2023. If you do not have a Podio login, please contact Joyce Byrne firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Fill out the category information and send by email to email@example.com by the deadline of January 31, 2023 along with payment. Use additional forms if needed.
– Please read the guidelines for preparing your PDFs carefully.
All entries are $65 USD each.
Please note the following changes to categories for 2022:
– Magazine Writer of the Year is no longer split by category, and is a single category (Category 17).
– Magazine Photographer of the Year is no longer split by category, and is a single category (Category 23).
– COVID story and Travel Package categories have been retired.
-New categories for 2023 are Home and Garden Feature (Category 32), Editorial Package (Category 33) and two new digital categories, Newsletter (Category 39) and Podcast (Category 40).
If you have any questions about the 2022 IRMA Awards or how to prepare your entries, or want a copy of the document emailed to you, please contact Joyce Byrne, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.